Active Calendar 2
Dev site: http://tacwols.cat.org.au/drupal/cal
Currently we hope to have a beta site up for comment by the NZ anarchist gathering
on the 7th November.
The name 'Active Calendar 2' is only temporary, and this isn't an initiative of the Active network - let us know if you can think of a better name!
hasn't been maintained for a number of years, and it's time to move to a modern codebase that is easy to administer and is highly configurable for the user.
The energy for this project is coming from Tasmedia
in Tasmania, and New Zealand. There hasn't been a general activist calendar in New Zealand since Aotearoa Indymedia
moved codebase to DadaIMC
We weclome any input at email@example.com
- Drupal 4.5.0 and event.module employed as a base.
- Existing features of the Active calendar such as the newswire and emailed event summaries.
- Good taxonomy support for event regions [ie. Otago] and category [ie. feminism].
- Taxonomy should be able to be used to filter the calendar.
- Export to various formats such as rss, html and ical (ical tutorial). Taxonomy system should be employed to filter output, ie. users should be able to export data by region[s] etc, via a url. HTML output will allow people to import html snippets into their site if they are unable/unwilling to deal with rss.
- Remove IP address logging.
- Redo layout for event fields, such as email, website, location etc. Currently these are listed vertically, they should be integrated into a bar.
- Alter calendar view so that time, title, region is displayed in calendar cells.
- Create filters to htmlify URLs and email addresses
Not specificly a to-do list, but a planning scope which we can use to decide on what we will assign as a to-do item.
- Draw outline of goals (which will go here) and how to go about achieving them
- functional on the most basic scale (crappy html interface and all that) (sort of a test drive version 0.7 or something)
- launch/operational standard (version 1.0)
- improvments. where to from here?
- 17 Oct 2004
- 20 Oct 2004