There is a new server available for storing source code and templates and managing tech-projects.
It could be a place for cooperation within and between the different tech-projects around indymedia and beyond. Also a place to comunicate with end-users (Public Forums, Bugtracking, Wishlists...)
Move CVS-Modules off kosmos, have a reliable development/cooperation server.
Brand new machine, > 1 GHz CPU, 1 GB RAM ...
Gforge is somehow the free implementation of the 'sourceforge' Open Source collaborative software development tool.
Gforge offers a variety of services for every project created.
(for each Project)
- Project Home Page
- Tracker for
- Support Requests
- Feature Requests
- Public Forums
- Doc Manager: Project Documentation
- Mailing Lists
- Task Manager
- CVS Repository
Not every project will need all this of cause.
Connection / Housing
: with a local/alternative provider in Berlin, Germany 2MBit / Flat
Finance / Funding
: Server has been payed for localy. Some Funding would be very welcome. Maybe not from alternative-media fundations but from sources that support free-software-development and stuff like this.
Policy (so far):
- everyone can sign up as a user
- everyone can create a project and become project leaders
- site admin will approve new projects
- project leaders approve new ppl joining a project
- project members get CVS- and SFTP-access to project files
- no real shell accounts for users
- no other services on the serve (no mir-sites etc.)
- 18 Jan 2004