Independent Decentral Content Syndication (Indecs)
Get the current alpha code from http://codecoop.org/projects/indecs/
Indecs is Network of Groups which share their Content between each other. The Network is Decentral and to Join the Network you Open a Group or add yourself to a existing one.
Every Group has some Collectors (Server) with diffrent Content. If a collector has new content the whole Network gets informed about it, using Metadata describing the new Content. Every Collector can decide for themself if they Host a Copy of the new Content. Each Server in the Network knows the other Servers, but they only communicate together over Group-Speakers.
Use of Indecs on in the IVDN Project
Basic Network Overview:
Networks Messages have only one field of activity, the build of a network.xml wich contains the full list of all Collectors in the Network with the follwing Infos.
<network name="Network Name">
<group name="Group Name">
<server name="You Server Name">
The Network consists of Groups and Servers. Every Group has a Speaker
The Network Class has to provide the follwing Functions and Events
This Function has to register a new server to the Network. It has the follwing Workflow.
- the new server sends an addServer to the group speaker
- the group speaker sends a full network.xml back to the new server including the new server
- the group speaker sends an addServer to the other speakers
- the other speakers update their own network.xml
- the other speakers send addServer to the other Servers in the same group