Why Use Oscailt?
There are hundreds of different Content Management Systems Available on the Internet. Some of them have thousands of developers and users involved.
There are at least a dozen indymedia software management systems available. Some of them much more mature than Oscailt.
So why would you think about using oscailt?
- Performance Oscailt is built for performance and can consistently deliver high volumes of information on tight resources at fast speeds. Oscailt uses several layers of caching to acheive this.
- Inherently multi-lingual Oscailt is based on a language-neutral meta-data layer. It seamlessly supports multi-lingual sites.
- Flexibility - Oscailt puts no constraints on page layouts, page elements or anything else. You can acheive whatever look and whatever data organisation you want.
- Extensibility - Oscailt has a modular design that allows you to easily add new functionality without risking overall system stability
- Expandibility Oscailt is designed for evolving, dynamic websites that are managed by large groups of people. New areas can be easily added and delegated to sub-groups or individuals for management
- Fine Grained Access Control Oscailt uses a role based access control system which allows different users to be granted fine grained access privileges in different sections of the site.
- democracy Oscailt is optimised for democratic, non-hierarchical collaborative management with facilities to ensure accountability and transparency of all administrative actions.
- privacy Oscailt neither relies upon, nor retains any identifying information about users.
- open publishing Oscailt is optimised for sites that allow anonymous public contributions.
If you are a group of people who are democratically organised and desire to communicate with the public, oscailt could be a good option for you.
- 01 Sep 2005