You are here:
(11 Dec 2002,
* developed by andy, maffew and the active crew *
ask questions at
[ tech questions to
current stable version is 1.7.2
8pre checked into CVS -- object oriented code, cleaned up internals, finetuned database queries and XML definitions of articles and newswires coupled to XSLT presentation layer.
* Overview *
- Currently the most popular Code. Most sites on 'stallman' use this code.
- Written in PHP
- The center column publishing, called features.cgi, is writen as an add on in perl using
isn't implemendet on every city using
support for multilanguage handling is not fully implemented yet.
- It does a lot, but some people feel that it is getting messy and difficult to follow. (Some newbies get frustrated tracing and fixing bugs in it. A number of projects have begun to rewrite active)
- Currently exhibiting some performance difficulties, but this may be due to load vs server power than code optimisation per se.
- No show-stopping bugs though except A/V uploading does not work for big files.
- People who know more about the subject, feel free to update this description.
* Requirements *
An article on upgrading old versions to 1-7-1 is available at:
Another, older upgrade article is at:
- 10 Dec 2002
iew wiki text
ore topic actions
Topic revision: r4 - 11 Dec 2002,
Tech working groups
Copyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding Foswiki?