1. The club exists to support independent media projects. Independent media projects are considered to be those projects which fulfil as many of the following criteria as possible:
* Operate according to the principles of open-publishing.
* Aim to produce and/or distribute information for the purpose of educating the public.
* Are organised in a non-hierarchical manner
* Are run on a not-for-profit basis
* Are independent of any control from commercial, political or other outside organisations.
2. This support will consist of:
* Raising and distributing funds to finance such projects.
* Providing education, training and technical assistance to groups wishing to establish and use such projects.
* Promoting and defending such projects before the public.
* Educating the public about the benefits of such projects.
* Whatever other benevolent purposes that the members of the organisation, in line with the overall goals of the organisation, see fit to pursue.
3. Priority will be given to projects particularly relating to Ireland.
4. The club will not interfere in any way with the operations or internal organisation of any projects supported. All supported projects will be entirely autonomous of the club.
-- PaulCummins - 02 Dec 2004 copy and pasted aims and principles from membership form