The is an old version of the constition it was update at the AGM August 2004
- The name of the club is the Independent Media Support Group \x96 Ireland (\x91IMSGI\x92).
- Membership of the club is open to all who agree to work for its aims, abide by its constitution and pay membership fees.
- Membership of IMSGI shall comprise Ordinary, Reduced-rate, and Honorary members. The Membership of Honorary Members may be limited in time.
- All new members shall complete an application form for membership that will be returned to the club secretary.
- Membership shall terminate on withdrawal in writing, expulsion for non-payment of dues or for other good and sufficient, reasons with a right of the member in the latter case to be heard by a general membership meeting before a final decision is made.
3. ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING:
- In the first two months of each year the Chairperson shall convene an Annual General Meeting.
- At least four weeks notice of the Annual General Meeting shall be given to each member of IMSGI by such means as the Secretary shall deem appropriate. The notice shall specify the time and place of the Meeting and be accompanied by an agenda of the business to be transacted at it.
- The agenda shall include, inter alia,
- Nominations for the offices to be filled for the ensuing year, namely the following: The Chairperson, the Secretary and the Treasurer. Officers shall hold office for one year but shall be eligible for re-election. Terms of officers shall be limited to 3 consecutive terms.
- Nominations for these offices may be made at any time up to the announcement of the vote. Members may make a nomination, either by attending the AGM in person and proposing a nomination from the floor, or in writing to the secretary.
- A proposal to receive and approve the Annual Accounts copies of which shall be made available to the General Meeting which may be adjourned to receive and approve the audited accounts.
- Proposals to add any projects to the list of supported projects.
- The amounts of the annual membership fees and the dates upon which they become due shall be decided at the Annual General Meeting.
- All paid up members of IMSGI shall be entitled to attend the Annual General Meeting. Members of at least two months standing will be eligible to vote.
- Eligible nominees for officers will comprise all paid-up IMSGI members of at least four months standing.
- In the event of any dispute over the election of officers, the Chairperson may adjourn the meeting for that issue to be determined separately.
- Election of officers by those present at the AGM shall be by secret paper ballot, to be counted by the secretary.
- A quorum for a General Meeting held under these Rules shall be ten paid up members of IMSGI, or one third of the total membership, whichever figure is lower.
4. EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETING
- An Extraordinary General Meeting shall be convened by The Chairperson upon receipt by him/her of a written request to do so signed by not less than six paid up members of IMSGI, such written request to specify the purpose of the request and any resolutions proposed.
- The Chairperson of IMSGI shall within a reasonable period of time following receipt of such request convene an Extraordinary General Meeting by giving a notice to all paid up members as prescribed in clause 2b above.
5. CLUB OFFICERS:
- The club AGM elects a Secretary, Treasurer and a Chairperson. It may create and fill other positions as it sees fit.
- All officers are subject to recall by General Meetings.
- The responsibilities of the Officers are:
- To keep a record of all club correspondence.
- To keep an up-to-date membership list
- To notify all members of upcoming AGM/EGM/Committee meetings.
- To arrange a volunteer to keep minutes at all AGM/EGM/Committee meetings and to organise the distribution of those minutes to all members.
- To keep an up-to-date list of supported projects.
- To keep a record of all funds and financial transactions at national level.
- To produce a detailed financial report to be presented to the club AGM.
- To be the first spokesperson for the club.
- To adjourn General Meetings in the event of a dispute over the election of
- To convene the club AGM.
- To seek volunteers to chair General Meetings and in the event that no
volunteer is forthcoming, to chair the meeting himself/herself.
6. CLUB COMMITTEE
- The club committee shall meet in between AGMs, at least once every two months.
- The club committee shall be open to all members. Members of at least 2 months
standing will have the power to vote at committee meetings.
- A quorum for a committee meeting shall be 5 members of the club.
- Committee meetings shall be advertised at least a week in advance by the secretary to
all club members.
- The club committee shall have the power to take decisions affecting the operations of
the club and adopt policy papers as long as those decisions are consistent with the
policies adopted by General Meetings.
- A committee meeting can be convened by any two officers of the committee or by any
3 members of the club.
- None of these rules shall be altered or rescinded unless the proposed alteration or rescission shall first have been approved by a majority of those present at the Annual General Meeting or at an Extraordinary General Meeting.
- Any dispute concerning the construction or interpretation of these Rules shall be decided by a vote of a General Meeting whose decision shall be final
8. ORGANISATIONAL PRINCIPLES:
- All decisions are taken by majority vote.
- No position within the club may be held by the same member for more than three years in succession.
- Minutes are kept of all meetings and are available to any member for inspection.
10. CLUB POLICY
- Membership fees are currently set at \x8020 per annum for ordinary members and \x8010 per annum for reduced rate members. Fees are payable at the start of each year (in January).
- Any member more than three months behind in their fees is deemed to have resigned.
- Members who are not in receipt of a salary (eg students, unemployed, pensioners) are eligible for reduced rate membership, all others will be ordinary members.
- The policy of the ISMGI is first and foremost the policy papers as drawn up and amended by General Meetings. All policy decisions must be compatible with these policy papers.
- Policy papers shall include a list of the projects that are supported by the club and the policy for the division of resources between supported projects, whether that be on the basis of a percentage of income or a fixed amount or any other arrangement that the members see fit to use.
- Between General Meetings, Committee meetings can set interim policies. These interim policies must be compatible with the existing policy papers as adopted by General Meetings.
-- PaulCummins - 08 Dec 2004