- gimp-1.2.3 - Filtry - Sieć WWW - Mapa obrazu...
- gimp-1.2.3 - Filters - Web - ImageMap...
Any indymedia people in Central/Eastern Europe, please feel free to add useful content, make corrections, etc. to this page. Clarity and usefulness are the goals of most wiki pages.
IMCs in Central & Eastern Europe:
"approval" means a site has followed guidelines at
and been discussed and proposed at
, and then proposed
The order within each category here is chronological, maybe it should be alphabetical later on.
approved by network and functioning website
IMC Russian-language (Moscow, St Petersburg, Kiev)
- open publishing site - http://ru.indymedia.org
- general (no public archive) contact - mailto: indyru at nadir.org (old address: mailto:indyru at mail333.com)
- Moscow collective (no public archive) contact - mailto: indymoskwa at pochtamt.ru
- request for Moscow group by dissident - see below
- Kiev - see new Ukraine group below
- translator (not indymedia) - http://www.translate.ru/en
- mailing list ???
- ImcMoscowNatBols - some info on attempts by fascists (and sympathisers) to get involved in indymedia
(collective approved; site functioning)
- general mailing list / lista og\xF3lna
- old mailing list (sever down) / stara lista (serwer padł)
- documents / dokumenty
- open publications site / strona publikacji - http://polska.indymedia.org
(collective approved; site functioning)
approved by network but non-hierarchy and independence unclear
Slovakia - local Roma human rights activist network
Not quite indymedia, but probably would be interested - it's clear they're doing fundamental grassroots human rights activism (they are hierarchical, though). It seems that the forming IMC Slovakia collective is in good contact with them:
admin at lhra-icpr.org
League of Human Rights Advocates,
Zabotova 2, Bratislava tel/fax +421 2 524 94720
(collective disappeared; deadline for site to be frozen was 1 July 2004, declared early June; as of 5 August 2004, still no responses)
Hrvatska (Chorwacja) ImcCroatia
not so serious attempts to organise
CE Europe f2f meetings
- 08.2003 during the noborder camp ImcPlZCNJN there was an informal meeting between several IMC PL and IMC Russian-language activists - report here ImcEurope030710a
- summer 2004, see SummerCamp2004, at an informal "side meeting" at the PGA Belgrade there were introductions from IMC Hungary, IMC Poland, IMC Belgrade and IMC Russia-language with the presence of people from several western european indymedias:
- see also EuropeImc
CE Europe mailing list
CE Europe irc meetings
To edit this section, go to ImcCEEIrc.
next meeting: Thur 28.06.2007 - 18:00 UTC = 20:00 UTC+2 (pl/hu) = 21:00 UTC+3 (by/ua) = 22:00 UTC+4 (moscow)
|| active participants
|| 2 pl, 1 piter (1 lurker: at)
|| IMC Piter
|| 2 pl, 2 de, 2 fr (1 lurker: at)
|| G8: multilanguage antirepression en antirep 2 pl dissentnetzwerk pl imc-g8 indymedia mailing list, antiracist revolt at Gare du Nord in Paris
|| 2 ro, 1 by, 1 pl, 1 at (1 lurker: ro)
|| belarus news: anniversary of presidential election protests unlikely to be a miracle protest, belarus unions opposing short-term contracts, US bases preparing in Romania for Iran attack, IMC Poland/IMC Toruń situations, neonazizm in Poland
|| 1 by, 1 pl
|| arrest in Belarus of activist Stas 2 3, WSF Nairobi, samizdat, irc meetings, 6 deg separation hypothesis
|| active participants
|| 1 by, 1 pl (1 lurker: toulouse)
|| indypendent NYC green party advert, learning irc, mobile phone/cms usage by unofficial IMC St Petersburg: http://piter.indymedia.ru/?q=en/node/338
|| 3 by, 3 pl
|| ahimsa, CCCP server closings, imc italy closing - tmp file
|| 3 pl, 2 by, 1 europe/de (1 lurker moscow)
|| anty-G8, experience/safety/functioning of imc belarus
|| 4 pl, 1 hu, 1 by (1 lurker moscow)
|| polish translation of hungary protests article, belarus situation, animal rights activists in belarus, belarus imc situation, imc vs livejournal, hungary situation, vegetarianism in hungary and poland activist circles ImcCEE060928
CE Europe collective coverage
- NoBorder2004 - early August 2005 - from Belgrade up north along the Berlin, whoops, EU, wall - hoping that different IMCs will add info to the wiki
other Rom networks
resistanceinslovenia at hotmail.com
Resistance against NATO and militarism in Slovenia (english)
activist network of resistance against NATO 5:00pm Wed Oct 30 '02
resistanceinslovenia at hotmail.com article#213826
Resistance against NATO and militarism in Slovenia
On November 21 and 22 (2002), the NATO-summit will take place in Prague. As
the preparation and mobilisation for the protests and actions in
Prague are in full swing, active resistance is growing also in
Slovenia, one of the candidate states for NATO membership. From 7th to
10th November demonstrations and actions against NATO and for peace
will take place in Ljubljana. Some background information, description
of resistance activities, and a call for support.
the Erased of Slovenia
Not yet indymedia, but some sort of independent media...
Bosnia? Serbo-Croatian language?
31. SERBO-CROATIA?? From: "Dejan Nikic" dejann at home.com
To: Subject: Serbo-Croatian IMC
Hi, I just received an email from SH-IMC mailing list and people were
wondering if there is some kind of Serbo-Croat IMC structure. Also
someone said that is up to the people of former Yugoslavia to make it.
I'm currently in Seattle, WA but I'm originally form Sarajevo, Bosnia.
I would like to set up a Serbo-Croat IMC structure, but I really don't
know what to do exactly. I'm a network admin and web designer so I can
create WebPages or whatever needed for this project. If you could
give me some kind of outline on how to start this and what to do and
also who to contact. Thnx.
South Eastern Europe Social Forum
If the South Eastern Europe Social Forum and the European Consulta really exist, then they would be a good place to contact people likely to participate in Indymedia and make it a truly grassroots, non-hierarchical, independent media collective in the Balkans.
A Different Balkan is Possible http://www.zmag.org/content/showarticle.cfm?SectionID=11&ItemID=1504
anarchist newsgroup for Eastern Europe
Azerbaijan human rights wiki
anti-border cultural networking
USAID/NED/IRI/NDI rose/orange/tulip revolutions
USAID/NED/IRI/NDI e.g. http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,,1360080,00.html partly use internet groups to invoke social change in countries bordering Russia in order that US corporations and the market can make poor people poorer. How do/can/should new indymedias in the region deal with this?