The QC Independent Media Center is a non-commercial, democratic collective of independent media makers and media outlets, and serves as the local organizing unit of the global Indymedia network.
Media for, by and of the Filipino people: This is the long term mission of Independent Media Center-Quezon City (imc-qc). As such, imc-qc shall chronicle, push forward and help win the various local, national and international struggles for meaningful change. imc-qc shall be for the people or it is nothing.
1. imc-qc aims to establish and maintain a non-profit, non-corporate, pro-people Independent Media Center for the Philippines that will uphold and advance the struggle against oppression and exploitation (especially by forces of imperialist globalization and war), a fight shared by the Filipino and the world\x92s peoples.
2. imc-qc draws special inspiration from the long and continuing history of anti-colonial and anti-imperialist struggle of the Filipino people and from the distinct role of patriotic and democratic propagandists, writers, journalists and netizens in social change.
3. imc-qc upholds the rights to free speech, free expression and free flow of or access to information.
4. imc-qc shall provide an information infrastructure for people and views that are deprived of access to the airwaves, tools and resources of corporate media. This includes text, audio, video, photography, Internet distribution and any other communication medium.
5. imc-qc respects the right to privacy of persons and parties who avail of its open web-based publishing medium.
6. imc-qc shall be committed to the use of free source code, whenever possible, in order to develop the digital infrastructure, and to increase the independence of the network by not relying on the proprietary software.
7. imc-qc shall promote collective work and the sharing of resources including knowledge, skills and equipment.
8. imc-qc shall practice mutual respect, mutual benefit, consensus, consultation, and the independence and initiative of all persons and parties interested in joining or supporting it. Major decisions become official when nobody among the members expresses disagreement within 5 days after announcement on the mailing list. If necessary, a new proposal is formulated that reflects the unity of the collective. No person or party or political belief shall therefore arbitrarily impose its will on any or all the others.
9. imc-qc shall \x96 by way of consensus and consultation \x96 choose a spokesperson who can and would represent it in global decision-making processes of Indymedia.
10. imc-qc shall be committed to the principle of human equality, and shall not discriminate, including discrimination based upon race, region, gender, age, class or sexual orientation. As such, it shall not act in a manner that endangers, intimidates, or physically harms any member of the group, including by sexual harassment or acts of violence. It shall strive to act in a respectful manner to its members as well as the public.
Mailing list: email@example.com
- 22 Mar 2004