General To Do List
as on the 7th of may 2003, update 14th of july
a) Uk Network website:
there is a working subsection on the Imc UK network project.
site runs on mir.
Interest, help and participation is appreciated by the uk networking collective.
To learn more about mir go to the mir uk documentation
b) IMC Scotlands own website, DADA on ibiblio
is accessible via http://scotland.indymedia.org
( note this is a todo list
2. Local outreach:
3. Managing imc-volunteer forms
- banners e.g. for stalls etc.
- leaflets with general content
- distribution network etc.
A procedure on how to include volunteers who filled in the imc volunteer forms.
4. Computer workshops/ Indymedia Introductions
we really need more people working on:
- the technical websolutions (Content management systems) see 1 a) and 1b)
- editorial work:
- writing reports,
- writing features,
- doing research for articles and background information
- cleaning out the newswire/hiding
- in general: training on how to do admin work
- twiki pages:
collectively accessible webpages.
Imc Scotland Twiki
to upload minutes of meeting or "how to use" instructions and documentation about indymedia, e.g. see the uk docs webpages.
- picture editing, layout and graphics for the new webpage
- how to use irc: to connect and meet up, also how to use for decision making
- how to use and adminster email lists
5. More outreach
6. feedback from imc uk network
- working together with the Uk network collective
- indymedia workshops at one-of-events
- indymedia connecting to Linux user groups + free software movement?
- indymedia connecting to european indymedia projects, such like european newsreal, global newsreal, european lists, global lists...
- indymedia access centre(s) + postal adress
- indymedia film screenings
- indymedia webradio
- indymedia hosting events such as speakers
- indymedia scotland: twinning with another imc in africa or elsewhere?
- indymedia outreach in whole of Scotland
Lancaster meeting from february and decisions
still leftover issues
7. discussions, socialising, getting to know each other and building trust
Most of the stuff might be/ should be decided at one of our half-yearly big general meeting.
We need more regular physical meetings and IRC meetings.
we still need somebody who can and is willing to translate the indymedia interface and more, as the mission statement, etc.
10. Bank account
although we already have a mission statement and editorial guidelines, which were created to be accepted into IMC global network,
we might some additional texts and documents for opening a bank account
Back to : ImcScotland
- 07 May 2003
- 08 May 2003 added some more points
- 14 Jul 2003 updated links