- Name: TakveR
- Based in Melbourne, Australia
- Local IMC: Melbourne (stopped open publishing June 2007) Contributor from 2000 - 2007. Collective Member 2003 - 2007
- Local IMC: Sydney IMC. Collective member June 2007- 2009
- Local IMC: Melbourne IMC / Australia Indymedia. Collective member 2008 - present
- Climate IMC: http://www.climateimc.org Collective member Nov 2005 - present
- Global IMC: global indymedia site http://indymedia.org indymedia.org Joined features list July 2003, admin access from late 2003.
- I was Melbourne IMC liason to IMC-process list - I am still on this list but with no local delegation
- Feature writing
- Story research and writing
- Photo essays
- Stories from Australia, Oceania, South East Asia
- Stories on Climate Change and global warming
- Stories on whaling and whaling protests
Roll Call messages for www-features list
Some Background Information
I have been an activist for 30+ years in environmental and social change groups in Australia. I have been a member of Friends of the Earth (Australia) since 1976, a member of the Anarres Books Collective (http://www.anarres.org.au
), and an editor with Melbourne Indymedia, Climate IMC, and Sydney IMC. I also network with other IMC activists in the Oceania region.
I have been posting stories and photo essays to Indymedia sites since the World Economic Forum visited Melbourne in September 2000. In May 2003 I joined the Melbourne Indymedia Collective. The Melbourne collective decided to close open publishing in June 2007.
The first Melbourne Indymedia collective discontinued publishing in 2007, but a new collective formed in 2009 which I am a member of, While Melbourne was closed I joined and was an active contributor to Sydney IMC.
In July 2003 I joined the www-features list, and after a few months was given admin rights to post features to the global site. My access to the site is still active. My activity on www-features tends to happen in spurts at least partly dependent on news from Australia/Oceania.
Amoung all my activism I somehow fit in time to cycle, work part-time and spend time with my children.
- 23 Jul 2007 Background info, roll calls
- 22 Jul 2007 update details
- 23 Jan 2011 update details